German Potato Salad
Adapted from Epicurious. Serves 4.
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 heaping tbs flour
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp. finely chopped rosemary
- 4 good sized red potatoes, sliced and boiled until just soft
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Fry bacon until crisp and all fat has been rendered. Drain on paper towel.
- Add onion to skillet and saute until just soft. Stir in flour and cook a few minutes until just golden.
- Add vinegar, water, sugar and spices. Stir continually until thick.
- Gently toss potatoes with sauce, add bacon and parsley.