Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Re-Shredification

And unfortunately, this time I'm not talking about delicious roasted pork. I'm talking about the 30 Day Shred workout from Biggest Loser guru Jillian Michaels. My friend Kim and I have challenged ourselves to get back in shape over the next month or so. I'm not a thin person (if you couldn't tell by the fat content of my recipes) and I've come to terms with that, but I do like staying relatively fit. In the past few months I've grown increasingly slack and lazy. I still take weekly yoga and pilates classes that I love, but it's just not enough to combat the amount of cheese I eat. So, back on the workout wagon I go.

My goal is five workouts a week. Kim and I have decided that either running or pilates (the class I take at Flow is pretty ass-kicking) can take the place of a 30DS workout. While I would love to lose weight , my main objective is to not feel so flabby and apathetic. Plus, I leave for another jaunt to Key West in seven weeks and it certainly wouldn't hurt to look a little more toned in my shorts and dresses.

Of course, I started this plan without consideration to the fact that I'll be gone most of next week at a conference/training. My schedule is tightly packed for five days - with seminars and discussions during the day and group dinners and receptions at night. I've identified two little pockets of time where I can probably fit in a run, so that is my plan. Plus, two 30DS workouts on the weekend when I get home.

I officially began on Monday, so I am three days in. And I can barely move. It hurts to lift my water bottle. But, I'm taking that as a good sign and am going to keep on trucking. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Loading