Sunday, January 9, 2011

Pork Loin Stuffed with Pears and Blue Cheese

This was a very tasty Sunday dinner, but I'm not going to lie - it wasn't the best version of this dish that I've made. Unfortunately, when I did make that eye-roll-of-pleasure pork loin a few weeks ago, I neglected to write down any of my steps and so, this was my best attempt to recreate it. I'm not quite sure what was off here - the ripeness of the pear? The type of blue cheese? Hit me up in the comments if you have any suggestions for improvements. And what do you think of the sauce idea? It worked well, but I wonder what might have been better? Something with port? Your thoughts are welcome!


Pork Loin Stuffed with Pears and Blue Cheese , topped with Balsamic Cream sauce
Ingredients:
  • 3 lbs pork loin, butterflied and pound flat
  • 1 pear, peeled and diced
  • 1/2 c. blue cheese, crumbled
  • salt and pepper
  • olive oil
  • 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
  • 1/2 c. heavy cream
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Sprinkle unrolled pork with salt and pepper and then distribute pears and blue cheese evenly, leaving about an inch margin on all sides. 
  3. Start at one short end and slowly roll pork up tightly. Tie with butcher's string every inch or so. Tuck ends in as best you can. Sprinkle outside of roast with salt and pepper.
  4. Heat a large, oven-safe skillet over medium high. Add a tbs of olive oil and brown pork on all sides, about 10 minutes. 
  5. Place pan in oven and roast until meat thermometer shows internal temp of 145 degrees, about 45 minutes. 
  6. Remove roast from pan and allow to rest on cutting board. Place pan on burner over medium high. Deglaze with balsamic vinegar. 
  7. Once vinegar is reduced and sticky, whisk in cream. Turn down heat and reduce a bit more. 
  8. Slice roast in one inch thick slices, top with sauce.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm not a fan of pork at all but this looks YUMMY! Thanks for posting the recipe, my husband would love this.

Anonymous said...

Erin! :) Your pictures are gorgeous and so is your food! Love it!! I am jealous! You're so talented! :) YUM!!!

Loading