Thursday, May 19, 2011

Magic beans

I don't want to oversell it, but I may have discovered something that could potentially rock the world of parenting.  A vegetable-based snack that my 20 month old actually asks for by name. And that name is:

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Green Bean Chips. Or, in toddler - "Geen Beeeens!?"

They're just dehydrated green beans with a bit of oil and salt (though they still have less fat, calories and sodium than our favorite bitty baby bunny crackers). Despite containing no added sugar, they're incredibly sweet too. They are tasty little things.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

And they fit handily in a snack trap cup.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

In case you need evidence of their tastiness, this is what was going on while I was snapping a few of the above photos:

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

And this is what happens when you take them away:

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
(I wasn't being purposely mean. I needed to fix the top of the snack trap.)

I found them in the organic/natural section of Wegman's but can't seem to locate a source online. It seems that, like most magical things, they are a bit elusive.

1 comment:

Rob Monroe said...

Those DO look yummy! Trader Joe's had Pea Pods that are pretty yummy...

Loading