Monday, May 16, 2011

Triumph and Tragedy

We did it. We finally accomplished a goal, five years in the making.

Chris and I, as a team, finished an entire carton of Costco spring mix salad before it rotted. Unless you are a dedicated Costco shopper and salad eater, I don't think you understand the sense of triumph that we are feeling right now. They pack enough salad in that plastic clamshell to feed an army of mutant rabbits and in most cases it gets slimy the day after you open it. But it's so cheap! And with some strategy and dedication, we finally won. I won't deny that there was a bit of weeding and rinsing going on at the very end, but still. We did it.

U.S.A! U.S.A! If you can believe it, you can achieve it, Kids!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
(I promise those brown spots are vinaigrette. Mostly.)


Now, the tragedy. This is what the Peanut was wearing when I picked him up from daycare today:

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

It seems he had a bit of a wardrobe malfunction and unfortunately we have been pretty lax about supplying an extra set of clothes. Evidently, the only garment available was a baby hospital gown from the dress-up box. So comically sad that I had to share it with the internet. It's like the time Bart came home with lice and Lisa without shoes, so they were sent to live with the Flanders'.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

And that, my friends, is life in the suburbs on Wednesday night.

5 comments:

Glinda said...

USA! USA!! While I don't have a Costco, even the regular salad boxes are hard to finish before they go bad, so I can only imagine.

You just reminded me...I better put an extra outfit in Piper's bin!!! =/

Michelle said...

Love the costco salad mix, don't love throwing it all out. So I'm super impressed at this accoplishment! That is the sweetest wardrobe malfunction ever :) techsan spn

Rob Monroe said...

And hilarious beyond belief! Abby has come home in other children's clothes before, but nothing from the dress up bin, so far as I know!

CFG said...

Hidey-ho, neglecterinos!

Kim said...

Just amazing! It makes me feel better about the things Noah has come home in. That picture needs to go in the baby book!

Loading